Following the most recent government advice we have updated our policy as follows;
No public transport to be used to get to the studios, or home from the studio in the event that a session is more than one day in length. Clients to cover cab charges for engineers / assistants to and from the studio.
If clients are feeling unwell on the day of the session or are exhibiting any signs associated with Covid 19 they should not attend the session and contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Reception and communal areas to be marked at 2m intervals to encourage social distancing. Corridors to be clearly marked to state that only one person should use them at a time.
Hand sanitising points will be set up in reception areas and in studio control rooms with clear signage encouraging their use upon entry and exit. Hand sanitiser and hand soap to be readily available at all times in bathrooms .
Kitchen facilities only to be used by Miloco staff (i.e. no food preparation to be done by clients, all refreshments e.g. tea/coffee to be be made by staff) and clearly marked as such. Clients to bring their own food and water where possible. Signage reminding staff to wipe down kitchen touch points (i.e. kettle handles/coffee machines) to be clearly displayed and antibacterial spray provided to do this.
Where there are multiple studios in one building, a separate toilet / bathroom to be allocated to each studio and clearly signposted.
Session start times to be staggered where possible and where there are multiple studios in the same building. Miloco reserve the right to install additional security on the main entrance and this will be billed back to the clients on a pro rata basis . This will help with managing kitchen and bathroom areas as well as corridors . In the event of clients not adhering to the guidelines the session will be stopped and they will be asked to leave the building . In this event the session costs will be non refundable .
Clients to limit the number of people attending sessions to the absolute minimum in order to streamline the number of people passing through the studios. All attendees names and contact details to be provided before the session . Only those on the booking form will be allowed access to the building .Non-essential parties to join via Skype/Zoom.
All staff will be briefed thoroughly on hygiene and cleanliness and the increased need to uphold this throughout the studios and in communal areas. Engineers and assistants to commit to washing their hands at regular intervals, particularly when entering, or re-entering buildings.
‘Deep clean’ intensive cleaning organised with cleaning partners with a focus on anti-bacterial coverage on all touchpoints.
Alcohol wipes to be available in communal areas and in studios for wiping down of touchpoints/door handles/light switches before use and at regular intervals. Clients encouraged to bring their own keyboard/mouse to use in the studio if preferred.
Assistants/engineers who are asked to do food runs by clients should not handle cash – payments should be made by card only.
All staff members to adhere to the government guidelines of isolating themselves for 7 days if they are experiencing a fever or cough, and to inform us immediately if this occurs. Any artist or client displaying symptoms to refrain from visiting the studio.
At Miloco we are completely committed to the health and well-being of our staff, partners and clients. As an agency we have a duty of care to our clients, but also to our studio owners and freelance engineers and assistants, who are all facing difficult times ahead
As such, our office team have been working from home since last Wednesday and will continue to do so until restrictions are lifted. We will continue to operate recording sessions with stringent guidelines that reflect the latest announcement on the outbreak from the government. This includes limiting the number of people attending a session to two, including staff. Attendees must remain 2 meters apart in line with social distancing measures, and travel to the studio must not be by public transport. Strict cleaning must be carried out on surfaces and equipment, and any attendees must was their hands on arrival to the studio and regularly throughout the day. We also respect the decision of studios on our roster to either close or remain open during this period.
We would encourage clients and artists to work with us remotely and utilise our online mixing services over attended sessions if they can.
We are of course monitoring all the advice from the government very closely, including the guidelines to employers due to be announced today, and will make appropriate changes to our policy as and when the guidelines change, which will be updates on this page.
Our studios all remain open, but we appreciate many artists and producers will prefer to work from home during this time. Our engineers are ready to help with any remote work that may be required. We also run an online mixing service which offers a sophisticated portal for uploading files and for mix comments/review, and allows you to speak directly to one of our talented team of engineers about your tracks. The engineers and studios are also available for any session prepping, editing or stemming, or for remote sessions via Skype. We will do our best to help in any way that we can, whatever your needs.
We remain 100% open for business, however the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and their families remains our number one priority. We are closely monitoring advice from the UK Government and Public Health England and as part of our ongoing responsibility to Miloco stakeholders, we have taken a number of additional measures to ensure everyone passing through the studios at this time is as safe as possible.
The current steps we are taking include;
– Briefing staff on hygiene and cleanliness and the increased need to uphold this throughout the studios and in communal areas, and asking engineers and assistants to commit to washing their hands at regular intervals, particularly when entering, or re-entering buildings
– Arranging ‘deep clean’ intensive cleaning with our cleaning partner with a focus on anti-bacterial coverage on all touchpoints.
– Asking clients to limit the number of people attending sessions to the absolute minimum in order to streamline the number of people passing through the studios, and encouraging all attendees to wash their hands-on arrival at the studios
– Purchasing extra supplies of alcohol wipes to be used to wipe down studio computers and the baskets of vocal mics before and after sessions, and between vocalists if more than one person is recording during a session.
– Purchasing of new pop shields for vocalists to use, which are to be kept in their packaging until needed. Where these are unavailable, we are encouraging artists to bring their own if this helps them to feel more comfortable in the studio
– We have asked all staff members to adhere to the government guidelines of isolating themselves for 14 days if they are experiencing a fever or cough, and to inform us immediately if this occurs.
– We’d also kindly ask that any artist or clients displaying these symptoms refrain from visiting the studio so we can do our part in preventing the virus from spreading.
– We have installed Air Steril purification stations at our HQ that eliminate bacteria in the air.
We are aware that the situation is changing by the hour, so as things develop we will post relevant updates here.
Should you have any questions or require further any information please contact us on: email@example.com or call: +44 2072320008.